Apollo Command Module Hatch 1/8 Scale Engineers Model
Incredibly detailed, handmade, engineers-grade Apollo Command Module Primary Access Hatch 1:8 scale model. Exclusive to The Space Collective! Only 25 models will be made!
Limited Edition of 25
Made in the United Kingdom
AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ONLY
INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF £849 (SAVE £149!)
OFFER ENDS 31st AUGUST
This exclusive, engineering-grade model shows an Apollo Command Module Primary Access Hatch in all of its exquisite pre-flight detail. The Command Module hatch was an incredible feat of engineering prowess, and this model represents that in fine 1:8 scale detail. This model has been expertly designed and built by a team of engineers and model makers using only the finest materials available.
- Engineering-grade 1:8 scale Apollo Command Module primary access hatch model
- Designed and made based on the Apollo 11 Command Module primary access hatch
- Base made from CNC-turned aluminium and bears an Apollo Program engraving
- Hatch without the base measures approx. 13cm x 10cm (5.1 inches x 4 inches)
- Hatch including the base measures approx. 13cm x 15cm (5.1 inches x 6 inches)
- Comes packaged and protected in an elegantly designed metal box
- Includes a Letter of Authenticity with individual serial number from The Space Collective
- Limited edition of 25
The scale hatch has been expertly created from a full-scale CAD model of the Apollo 11 Command Module hatch by a team of engineers and model makers to ensure complete technical and aesthetic accuracy. The main hatch body and outer window frame have been silicone tooled and moulded in high-quality PU prototyping resin from SLA 3D printed masters. The internal and external hatch windows are laser cut for precision. The rear workings of the hatch and external handle and purge port are centrifugally cast in lead-free white metal that has been barrel and individually polished to finish. Colour-matched automotive paints have been used for the main assembly, with smaller components being hand-painted to enhance the detail further. Aerospace-grade foils have been applied to the external surfaces with accurately scaled and digitally printed labels applied to complete the model. The model sits atop a CNC machined aluminium base echoing the shape of the Apollo Command Module bearing a laser engraved Apollo Program emblem.
Please Note: Each model is handmade and may bear very slight differences from the model pictured.